North Hills Community Outreach Holds 4th Annual Pasta Dinner
North Hills Community Outreach’s Millvale Satellite will host a Pasta Dinner on Friday, April 16, from 4-7 PM, at the Millvale Community Center, 416 Lincoln Ave. Dine in or take out. Tickets are $7 in advance or $9 the day of the event, and include pasta, bread, salad, beverages and desserts. For tickets, call 412-487-6316, option 2, or visit www.nhco.org for an order form.
Miniature Golf Tournament Registration Underway
North Hills Community Outreach’s 9th Annual Mini-Masters Miniature Golf Tournament will take place on Thursday, May 13, at RMU Island Sports Center on Neville Island. Entry fee includes a challenging and fun round of miniature golf, buffet dinner, silent auction and prizes. Vince Sims of WPXI-TV will serve as the event emcee. The registration deadline is April 30. For more information, contact Jeff at 412-307-0069 or download a registration form at www.nhco.org.
NHCO Dedicates Community Auto Program to Mission
On Sunday, April 18, North Hills Community Outreach will hold an open house and dedication ceremony at its Community Auto location, 11490 Perry Highway in Pine. The public is invited; the open house is from 1-3 PM with a dedication and ribbon cutting ceremony at 2:00 PM. For more information, contact Wendy Gordon at 412-487-6316.
Food Donations through April Qualify for Feinstein Funds
All food and financial donations to North Hills Community Outreach’s two food pantries made through April 30 will help NHCO earn its share of The Feinstein Foundation’s annual million dollar campaign to fight hunger. To make a financial donation, mark “Feinstein” on the memo line of your check and mail to 1975 Ferguson Road, Allison Park, PA 15101. For more information, contact Brandi Rukovena at 412-487-6316, option 1.
Free Home Repairs Available for Qualifying Individuals
For the second consecutive year, North Hills Community Outreach is partnering with Christ Lutheran Church in Millvale to provide minor home repairs to qualified seniors and adults with physical disabilities. Applications are now being accepted for repair projects that will be completed by supervised groups of youth from June 28-July 2. Senior citizens or adults with physical disabilities who wish to be considered for home repairs should:
- Own and reside in a home in northern Allegheny County, outside of the city limits.
- Require assistance with small projects such as painting, insulating, minor roofing or concrete repairs, etc.
- Be able to provide materials to be used in their home, if doing so does not present a hardship. Volunteer labor is free of charge.
A limited number of homeowners will receive assistance. To apply, call Cathy Pschirer at 412-307-0069.
Volunteer Trainings and Opportunities at NHCO
- Open Your Heart to a Senior trainings, April 5 and 6, times and locations TBD. Call 412-307-0071 to learn more about helping a senior remain safe and independent in his own home.
- North Hills Community Outreach will hold a one-hour orientation session for interested volunteers on April 8, 10 AM, at NHCO Allison Park, 1975 Ferguson Road. Contact Jennifer Drayton at 412-487-6316, option 2, x3210 for to sign up.
- Family Savings Accounts volunteer coach training, April 10, 9:30-2:00, NHCO Millvale, 416 Lincoln Ave. Lunch provided. Call Harriet at 412-487-6316, option 2.
- Free Rides for Seniors shuttle bus drivers and onboard dispatchers: April 19, 10:30 AM, and April 21, 6:00 PM, both at Lighthouse Pointe, 500 Chapel Harbor Drive, O’Hara. Contact Kerry at 412-449-0151.
Five Secrets to Personal Financial Success
North Hills Community Outreach will sponsor “Five Secrets to Personal Financial Success” on April 27, 6:30-8:00 PM at its Hampton office, 1975 Ferguson Road. The free workshop will be presented by John Balbach. Space is limited and pre-registration is required by contacting Laurie Clapper at 412-487-6316, option 1, x 3106.
North Hills Community Outreach’s April 2010 Calendar
- April 1 – Young Widows/Widowers Support Group, 7 PM, Kings in Wexford. Contact Harriet at 412-487-6316, option 2.
- April 10 – NHCO Allison Park, 1975 Ferguson Road, open 9:00 AM – noon to accept donations of nonperishable food and other “wish list” items. Donors should drive around back to the food pantry. For more information, call 412-487-6316 or visit www.nhco.org.
- April 14 – Ask the Attorney free legal consultations for qualifying individuals, 7-9 PM, NHCO North Boroughs, 100 South Jackson Ave. Appointments are required. Contact Harriet Gibbs at 412-487-6316, option 2.