Women’s Center & Shelter Develops Relationship Assessment App
Who, What, When, Where, Why & How
What is the RUSafe App?
- RUSafe is a dangerous relationship assessment app developed by Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh and Newton Consulting. The app, which started as a Pittsburgh-based app, is now national! RUSafe helps users identify if they are in a potentially dangerous situation and connects them to a domestic violence hotline in their area! Pittsburgh Steeler, Will Gay, is the official spokesman for RUSafe!
Why is the RUSafe App needed?
- 3 women are murdered every day by a current or former male partner in the U.S.
- Each minute, there are 20 victims of intimate partner violence.
- 1 in 3 women have or will experience rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
Who can download the RUSafe App?
- Anyone can download the RUSafe App (free) at the Apple Store for iPhones and Google Play for Android phones.
When can I download the RUSafe App?
- Download the RUSafe App today – help bring awareness to intimate partner violence. Use the app for yourself or to help a friend in need.
- Currently, the RUSafe App has been used in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
- There are over 1,560 Women’s Shelters with 24-Hour Hotlines across the U.S. available to victims of intimate partner violence through the RUSafe App.
Where can you learn more about the RUSafe App?
How can I help?
- Download the RUSafe App today.
- Follow the RUSafe App on social media through the following links: