Volunteer Orientations and Opportunities at NHCO
- Open Your Heart to a Senior volunteer trainings are held at various times and locations every month. Call 412-307-0071 to learn more about helping a senior remain safe and independent in his own home.
- North Hills Community Outreach will hold an orientation session for interested volunteers on August 11, 1:30 PM, at NHCO North Boroughs, 100 S. Jackson Ave (AGH). Contact Linda Robins at 412-487-6316, option 2, x3215 to sign up.
- Volunteers are needed to weed, harvest, cut grass and deliver food for North Hills Community Outreach’s garden in Bellevue. Contact Rosie Wise at 412-307-0069.
Free Computer Classes
North Hills Community Outreach offers free computer classes to help people become more comfortable using computers in their job searches. Classes are open to everyone and include Introduction to Computers, Introduction to the Internet, Internet Job Searching, Word, and Excel. The classes take place at NHCO’s Millvale Satellite, 416 Lincoln Ave on Wednesdays from 10:00-12:00 p.m. Call 412-487-6316, option 2.
North Hills Community Outreach’s August 2011 Calendar
- August 4 – Young Widows/Widowers Support Group, 7 PM, Kings in Wexford. Contact Harriet at 412-487-6316, option 2.
- August 10 – Ask the Attorney free legal consultations for qualifying individuals, 7-9 PM, NHCO North Boroughs, 100 S. Jackson Ave (AGH). Appointments are required. Contact Harriet Gibbs at 412-487-6316, option 2.