In an effort to continue caring for the environment and foster a better understanding of God and nature, the Sisters of St. Joseph are hosting an Eco-Education Series of programs through the fall and winter.
The programs, which are open to the public, include cooking, canning, square dances, environmental discussions and other family-friendly events beginning this month.
Sister Lyn Szymkiewicz, director of grounds and eco-projects for the Sisters of St. Joseph, said the Eco-Education Series offers opportunities for individuals and groups to acquire a new skill or hobby, share in the natural gifts of the Sisters’ 88-acre Motherhouse campus and learn about complex relationships between water, soil, energy and humans.
The Eco-Education Series courses schedule:
- August 18 “Sauces and Soups for Everything in Your Garden” 6:30-7:30 p.m. Mt. Gallitzin Cafeteria $10/person
- September 17 “Soil, the seasons and the Sacred Harvest” 1-4 p.m. Seminar Room $15/person (Includes refreshments)
- September 23 “Fall Equinox Square Dance and Campfire” 6:30-8:30 p.m. Gymnasium/Playground; Free will offering accepted.
- October 8 “Catholic Perspectives on Climate Change” 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Seminar Room $30 (Includes lunch)
- Octover 21 “Julian Presentation; Local Wine & Cheese Tasting” 7-9 p.m. Le Puy Room/Chapel $20/person
- December 21 “Winter Solstice Square Dance and Campfire” 6:30-8:30 p.m. Gymnasium/Playground; Free will offering accepted.
All programs will be conducted on the grounds and facilities of the Sisters of St. Joseph, 1020 State Street, Baden, PA 15005.
Program fees benefit ministries of the Sisters of St. Joseph. Participants who bring two non-perishable foods items for donation to Beaver County food banks will receive $2 back per class.
For questions or to register for any of the programs, please contact Sister Lyn at (724) 869-2151 ext. 6285, or e-mail email@example.com.
To learn more about how the Sisters are caring for the local environment and for more detailed program information, visit the “Ministries” section of www.stjoseph-baden.org.