What Is Side By Side?
Our mission is to provide practical help to single mothers (with children of all ages) and to families who have children with special needs. We recognize that single parenting and parenting children with special needs is particularly challenging and requires support. We provide assistance by using the network of resources within the community and the church.
Side by Side serves in four areas:
- Material: Provide clothing, baby gear, and toys through The Boutique.
- Mentoring: Moms in the church mentor and support single moms and moms who have children with special needs.
- Ministry of Helps: Offering practical help that uses the gifts of the church to help in the real demands of everyday life.
- Sidebar: Food, fellowship and topical discussion.
How Can Side By Side Help You?
The Christy House
403 Frederick Avenue
Sewickley, PA 15143
Mondays: 6:30-8:30 PM
Fridays: 9:30-11:00 AM
* The Boutique is closed around all major holidays and during inclement weather
Sidebar: Dinner and Discussion
Spring Sidebar Series
Every third Thursday of the month – 6:30-8:30pm
The Christy House, Sewickley, Childcare & dinner provided
Jan. 19, 2012
Karen Fadzen, Financial Planner & Educator
Feb. 16, 2012
“Easy Workout & Stretches for Moms”
Janette Poppenberg, Exercise Coach
March 15, 2012
“Natural Health & Wellness for Moms and Children”
Dr. Jim & Tiffany McFadden McFadden Chiropractic Associates
April 19, 2012
“Playing with Your Kids”
Sharon Campbell & Robin Billings
Laughlin Center & St. Stephen’s Children’s Director
May 17, 2012
“Cooking with Kids”
Morgan Mertz, Teacher & Caterer
For more information, or to volunteer, please contact: email: email@example.com