Car Donations Needed
North Hills Community Outreach needs car donations for its Community Auto program that helps low-income individuals get to work. Cars can be donated in any condition; donors may qualify for the maximum possible tax deduction. Call 724-443-8300.
North Hills Community Outreach Holds 5th Annual Pasta Dinner
North Hills Community Outreach’s Millvale Satellite will host a Pasta Dinner on Friday, April 15, from 4-7 PM, at the Millvale Community Center, 416 Lincoln Ave. Dine in or take out. Tickets are $7 in advance or $9 the day of the event, and include pasta with choice of sauce, bread, salad, beverages and desserts. For tickets, call 412-487-6316, option 2, or visit http://www.nhco.org/ for an order form.
Miniature Golf Tournament Registration Underway
North Hills Community Outreach’s 10th Annual Mini-Masters Miniature Golf Tournament will take place on Thursday, May 12, at RMU Island Sports Center on Neville Island. Entry fee includes a round of miniature golf, buffet dinner, silent auction and prizes. Vince Sims of WPXI-TV will serve as the event emcee. The registration deadline is May 3. For more information, contact Nicole at 412-307-0069 or download a registration form at www.nhco.org.
Food Donations through April Qualify for Feinstein Funds
All food and financial donations to North Hills Community Outreach’s two food pantries made through April 30 will help NHCO earn its share of The Feinstein Foundation’s annual million dollar campaign to fight hunger. To make a financial donation, mark “Feinstein” on the memo line of your check and mail to 1975 Ferguson Road, Allison Park, PA 15101. For more information, contact Brandi at 412-487-6316, option 1.
Applications Being Accepted for Free Home Repair Projects
For the third consecutive year, North Hills Community Outreach is partnering with Christ Lutheran Church in Millvale to provide minor home repairs to a limited number of qualified seniors and low-income adults with physical disabilities living in northern Allegheny County. Applications are now being accepted for repair projects that will be completed by supervised groups of youth from June 27-July 1. To apply, contact Cathy Pschirer at 412-307-0069.
North Hills Community Outreach’s April 2010 Calendar
- April 7 – Young Widows/Widowers Support Group, 7 PM, Kings in Wexford. Contact Harriet at 412-487-6316, option 2.
- North Hills Community Outreach will hold a one-hour orientation session for interested volunteers on April 7, 1:30 PM, at NHCO North Boroughs, 100 S. Jackson Avenue, Bellevue. Contact Liza Walrath at 412-487-6316, option 2, x3208 to sign up.
- April 13 – Ask the Attorney free legal consultations for qualifying individuals, 7-9 PM, NHCO Millvale, 416 Lincoln Ave. Appointments are required. Contact Harriet Gibbs at 412-487-6316, option 2.
- April 16 – NHCO Allison Park, 1975 Ferguson Road, open 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM to accept donations of nonperishable food, Spring Share donations and other “wish list” items. Donors should drive around back to the food pantry. For more information, call 412-487-6316 or visit www.nhco.org.
- Open Your Heart to a Senior volunteer trainings are held at various times and locations every month. Call 412-307-0071 to learn more about helping a senior remain safe and independent in his own home.