NHCO Collecting School Supplies
Through July 31, North Hills Community Outreach will collect new backpacks and school supplies for distribution to low-income children in grades K-12. Items needed include backpacks (large ones for older kids are especially needed), pencils, rulers, scissors, crayons, markers, notebooks and folders. For more information, contact Vicki at 412-487-6316, option 1.
Fifty Families Waiting for a Car
There are 50 low-income families on the waiting list for a car from North Hills Community Outreach’s Community Auto program. To donate your unwanted vehicle and receive the maximum possible tax deduction, call 724-443-8300.
Volunteer Orientations and Opportunities at NHCO
- Open Your Heart to a Senior volunteer trainings are held at various times and locations every month. Call 412-307-0071 to learn more about helping a senior remain safe and independent in his own home.
- North Hills Community Outreach will hold an orientation session for interested volunteers on July 14, 10 AM, at NHCO Millvale, 416 Lincoln Ave. Contact Linda Robins at 412-487-6316, option 2, x3215 to sign up.
- Volunteers are needed to weed, harvest, cut grass and deliver food for North Hills Community Outreach’s garden in Bellevue. Contact Rosie Wise at 412-307-0069.
Free Computer Classes
North Hills Community Outreach offers free computer classes to help people become more comfortable using computers in their job searches. Classes are open to everyone and include Introduction to Computers, Introduction to the Internet, Internet Job Searching, Word, and Excel. The classes take place at NHCO’s Millvale Satellite, 416 Lincoln Ave on Wednesdays from 10:00-12:00 p.m. Call 412-487-6316, option 2.
North Hills Community Outreach’s July 2011 Calendar
- July 7 – Young Widows/Widowers Support Group, 7 PM, Kings in Wexford. Contact Harriet at 412-487-6316, option 2.
- July 9 – 10 AM-12 PM – Car Wash at NHCO Allison Park, 1975 Ferguson Road. Food donations appreciated.
- July 9 – 9 AM – 12 PM – NHCO Allison Park will be open to accept donations of food and back-to-school items.
- July 13 – Ask the Attorney free legal consultations for qualifying individuals, 7-9 PM, NHCO Millvale, 416 Lincoln Ave. Appointments are required. Contact Harriet Gibbs at 412-487-6316, option 2.