Kick-Off Event for Emerging Leaders Interested in Helping At-Risk Children and Families
Auberle will be holding a NEXT kick-off happy hour on Thursday, March 21st from 5:30-7:30 pm at Bar Marco in the Strip District. The event will include free drinks and appetizers and serves as a way to introduce young professionals and emerging leaders in our community to NEXT and Auberle. Anyone interested in joining NEXT or just learning more is welcome to attend! Just RSVP your attendance to Annie Schultheis at email@example.com or 412-673-5856 ext. 1317 by Friday March 15th.
About NEXT: The NEXT 60 Years
In honor of Auberle’s 60th anniversary, the agency launched NEXT as a group of emerging leaders interested in the mission of helping at-risk children and families. NEXT members learn about the challenges facing young people and families in our region, as well as the non-profit sector. They gain networking opportunities, leadership skills and exposure to board governance. Members have the opportunity to create tangible change through projects that interest them.
NEXT members work closely with the Auberle Board of Directors, CEO and staff to support the mission of Auberle through skills-based volunteering, recruitment of other NEXT members, fundraising, professional expertise and community outreach. They are one of only a few groups of their kind in the region.
Why Join NEXT?
- You’ll be working with the “Agency of the Year” in the entire nation. Auberle was named national Agency of the Year by the Alliance for Children and Families. The Alliance for Children and Families is the largest network of human services organizations in the United States, with several hundred member agencies, employing 55,000 staff and serving over 3.4 million children a year.
- Meet other emerging leaders who share the same interest in helping the community, children and families.
- Networking opportunities with senior leaders in our community.
- Make a profound impact in the lives of children and families through projects, special events and activities.
- Connect your company to a philanthropic cause.
What Will I Do If I Join?
Each member is encouraged to participate in all activities spearheaded by NEXT but he or she is asked to join at least one committee or project. Project and committees include:
- Special events planning committees
- NEXT member recruitment
- Speakers Bureau
- Become a Friend of Auberle and sit on an agency committee, sharing your professional expertise to advance the agency.