Mark your calendars — Saturday, June 2 is Say Hello Day, a celebration of diversity in Pittsburgh!
Vibrant Pittsburgh, the Vibrant Pittsburgh Affinity Groups Council and the Dignity & Respect Campaign of Greater Pittsburgh are cordially inviting groups and organizations of all different races, backgrounds, and orientations to come together, meet each other and experience Pittsburgh’s legendary Strip District.
The objective of the Say Hello Day event is to raise the visibility of the diverse communities in the Pittsburgh region and facilitate connections between Vibrant Pittsburgh Affinity Groups Council organizations and other diverse groups in the region. This will be a grand gathering of diverse groups, which will feature activities, prizes, food and fun.
A core activity of this event is inspired by one of the 30 Tips of the Dignity & Respect Campaign — “Say Hello“. On June 2, as you walk through the Strip District, we invite you to do just that: say hello! Help us showcase the diversity of our region by introducing yourself, your community and your organization or group to the many people you encounter on your walk through the Strip District.
During the event, you are also welcome to:
– Bring your family and friends and participate in a number of offered activities
– Wear something that showcases your community and/or organization (for example, logo T-shirt, pin or badge, tote with logo, etc.)
– Take pictures, videos and post them on your social media outlets and send them to us for our Diversity Mosaic which will showcase the diversity of the Pittsburgh region
– Stop by our Video Booth and Say Hello to our online audiences
– Bring business cards or flyer describing the group you are representing and provide those who are interested with a way to follow up
– Take the Dignity & Respect pledge
We will meet at the Society for Contemporary Craft on 21st and Smallman St. from 10 am – 3 pm to check-in and receive an exclusive souvenir confirming your participation in the event. The event will feature a family friendly activity throughout the Strip District, which will culminate at the Pittsburgh Public Market.
Help us spread the word! We are celebrating Pittsburgh’s diversity, and you are a part of it!