Holiday Donations Requested
North Hills Community Outreach is requesting donations for Sharing Holiday Warmth. Each year, several hundred local families in need receive food and utility credits during the holidays, as funding allows. Contributions can be sent to North Hills Community Outreach, 1975 Ferguson Road, Allison Park, PA 15101. NHCO is also collecting new, unwrapped toys for children and youth of all ages. For more information, contact Vicki at 412-487-6316, option 1.
Volunteer Orientations and Opportunities at NHCO
- Open Your Heart to a Senior volunteer trainings are held at various times and locations every month. Call 412-307-0071 to learn more about helping a senior remain safe and independent in his own home. Volunteers are needed in every community in Allegheny County.
- Volunteer orientation sessions for interested volunteers: November 10, 10 AM, NHCO Millvale, 416 Lincoln Ave. Contact Linda Robins at 412-487-6316, option 2, x3215 to sign up.
- Volunteers are needed to rake leaves for elderly neighbors in need, Saturdays through November 19. NHCO is also compiling a list of names and numbers of volunteers willing to help shovel snow for seniors this winter. Contact Nancy Jones at 412-307-0069.
Free Computer Classes
North Hills Community Outreach offers free computer classes to help people become more comfortable using computers in their job searches. Classes are open to everyone and include Introduction to Computers, Introduction to the Internet, Internet Job Searching, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. The classes are free, but space is very limited so registration is required. Classes are held at NHCO’s Millvale Satellite, 416 Lincoln Ave on Wednesdays from 10:00-12:00 p.m. Call Kevin at 412-487-6316, option 2.
Vehicle Donations Needed
North Hills Community Outreach needs donated vehicles for its Community Auto program. There are more than 50 low-income people waiting for a car so they can get to work. Donors can take the maximum possible tax deduction. Call 724-443-8300 or visit www.communityauto.org.
North Hills Community Outreach’s November 2011 Calendar
- November 3 – Young Widows/Widowers Support Group, 7 PM, Kings in Wexford. Contact Harriet at 412-487-6316, option 2.
- November 9 – Ask the Attorney free legal consultations for qualifying individuals, 7-9 PM, NHCO North Boroughs (AGH-Suburban), 100 S. Jackson Ave, Bellevue. Appointments are required. Contact Harriet Gibbs at 412-487-6316, option 2.
- November 12 – North Hills Community Outreach will be open from 9am-12pm to accept donations.