Gently Worn Winter Coats Needed for Low-Income Families
From September 1 through October 31, North Hills Community Outreachis accepting donations of new and gently worn CLEAN winter coats to be distributed to low-income families in need. All sizes are needed, but highest demand is for children’s and adult sizes XL and larger. Donations may be dropped off weekdays at 1975 Ferguson Road in Allison Park. NHCO will also be open on Saturday, September 10, from 9-12 to accept donations. For more information, contact Vicki at 412-487-6316, option 1, x3143.
Car Cruise for NHCO
North Pittsburgh Corvette Club is holding the 10th Annual All Chevy Show at Tom Henry Chevrolet, Rt. 8, Bakerstown, on Sunday, September 18, from 11-4. There will be a ticket auction, door prizes, 50/50 raffle, food, music and, of course, lots of great cars. All proceeds benefit North Hills Community Outreach.
Enjoy and Entertainment Books Available
North Hills Community Outreach is selling both the Enjoy and Entertainment coupon books. Please contact Cheryl at 412-487-6316, option 1, 3111.
Volunteer Orientations and Opportunities at NHCO
- Open Your Heart to a Senior volunteer trainings are held at various times and locations every month. Call 412-307-0071 to learn more about helping a senior remain safe and independent in his own home. Volunteers are needed in every community in Allegheny County.
- North Hills Community Outreach will hold two orientation sessions for interested volunteers: September 8, 10:30 AM at Lighthouse Pointe, 500 Chapel Harbor Drive in O’Hara; and September 15, 6:30 PM, at NHCO Allison Park, 1975 Ferguson Road. Contact Linda Robins at 412-487-6316, option 2, x3215 to sign up.
- Volunteers are needed to weed, harvest, and deliver food for North Hills Community Outreach’s organic community garden in Bellevue. Contact Rosie Wise at 412-307-0069.
Vehicle Donations Needed
North Hills Community Outreach needs donated vehicles for its Community Auto program. There are more than 25 low-income people waiting for a car so they can get to work. Donors can take the maximum possible tax deduction. Call 724-443-8300 or visit www.communityauto.org.
North Hills Community Outreach’s September 2011 Calendar
- September 1 – Young Widows/Widowers Support Group, 7 PM, Kings in Wexford. Contact Harriet at 412-487-6316, option 2.
- September 14 – Ask the Attorney free legal consultations for qualifying individuals, 7-9 PM, NHCO Allison Park, 1975 Ferguson Road. Appointments are required. Contact Harriet Gibbs at 412-487-6316, option 2.