National Philanthropy Day Honorees
National Philanthropy Day®, is the special day set aside to recognize and pay tribute to the great contributions that philanthropy-and those people active in the philanthropic community-have made to our lives, our communities and our world.
Please join us as the AFPWPA chapter honors the change makers in our community and raises awareness of the importance of philanthropy in building a better world.
Honorees for 2011 include:
- Outstanding Philanthropist – Daniel Wukich
- Special Lifetime Achievement Award – Jack Mascaro
- Outstanding Volunteer Fund Raiser – James Hamilton
- Outstanding Philanthropic Organization – BNY Mellon; Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
- Outstanding Foundation – Massey Charitable Trust
- Outstanding Youth Award – Bishop Canevin High School Baseball Team; Emily Brittain Elementary School
- Special Innovation Award – William P. Getty
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2011
Time: 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Cost: $35 (AFP Member) $50 (Non-AFP Member)
Location: Sheraton Station Square Hotel
Noted Pittsburgh personality, Lynn Cullen, will be our emcee for the evening. Ms. Cullen’s reporting on WTAE-TV from 1981 to 1992 garnered her an Emmy in 1991, four Golden Quills for Journalistic Excellence from the Pittsburgh Press Club and three Pennsylvania Associated Press Broadcaster Awards for feature reporting. She received the Printer’s Devil Award from Women in Communication for her ability to see humor in the world and to “puncture the pompous among us” and was honored by the YWCA for her rigorous work against racism and bigotry. Ms. Cullen hosts an Internet radio show on the Pittsburgh City Paper’s website.
Click here to buy your tickets now. $35 for members, $50 for guests.
Click here for information about Ads and Sponsorships.
Registration Deadline is November 4, 2011