Tent Volunteers Needed for 2010 U. S. Women’s Open
North Hills Community Outreach is recruiting concession tent volunteers for the 2010 U.S. Women’s Open, taking place July 5-11 at Oakmont Country Club. NHCO will receive funds based on the number of volunteer shifts filled (in 2007, NHCO received $45,000+ thanks to their volunteers at the Men’s Open). Volunteers need to be at least 16 and in good physical shape for walking and hours on their feet. Perks include complimentary parking, free meal during the shift, and free entry to watch the tournament before/and or after the volunteer shift. To sign up or learn more, call Ruth at 412-486-5001.
NHCO Collecting School Supplies
Beginning June 14, North Hills Community Outreach will collect new backpacks and school supplies for distribution to low-income children in grades K-12. Items needed include backpacks (large ones for older kids are especially needed), pencils, rulers, scissors, crayons, markers, notebooks and folders. For more information, contact Jennifer Lynn at 412-487-6316,
St. Paul’s Players Present Comedic WhoDunit, Alibis
On June 16-19, the St. Paul’s Players will present Peter Kennedy’s Alibis at St. Paul’s UMC, 1965 Ferguson Road. June 16 and 17 are a Dessert Theatre Benefit for North Hills Community Outreach; tickets are $22. Call Vicki at 412-487-6316, option 1. June 18 is St. Paul’s Dessert Theatre; tickets are $12. June 19 is St. Paul’s Dinner Theatre; tickets are $20. For tickets for June 19-20, contact Marilyn at 412-486-7006, x11. Doors open at 6:30 each night; the play begins at 7:30. For a complete synopsis of the play, visit www.nhco.org.
Volunteer Trainings and Opportunities at NHCO
- Open Your Heart to a Senior trainings, June 8 and 10, times and locations vary. Call 412-307-0071 to learn more about simple ways to help a senior remain safe and independent in his or her own home.
- North Hills Community Outreach will hold a one-hour orientation session for interested volunteers on June 10, 10 AM, at NHCO North Boroughs, 100 S. Jackson Ave. Contact Jennifer Drayton at 412-487-6316, option 2, x3210 for to sign up.
- Free Rides for Seniors shuttle bus drivers and onboard dispatchers: June 14, 10:30 AM, and June 16, 6:00 PM, both at Lighthouse Pointe, 500 Chapel Harbor Drive, O’Hara. Contact Kerry at 412-449-0151.
North Hills Community Outreach’s June 2010 Calendar
- June 3 – Young Widows/Widowers Support Group, 7 PM, Kings in Wexford. Contact Harriet at 412-487-6316, option 2.
- June 5 – NHCO Allison Park, 1975 Ferguson Road, open 9:00 AM – noon to accept donations of nonperishable food and other “wish list” items. Donors should drive around back to the food pantry. For more information, call 412-487-6316 or visit www.nhco.org.
- June 9 – Ask the Attorney free legal consultations for qualifying individuals, 7-9 PM, NHCO Millvale, 416 Lincoln Ave. Appointments are required. Contact Harriet Gibbs at 412-487-6316, option 2.