Along with the nation, the Franklin Center will celebrate Black History Month for the entire month of February.
To view the complete calendar, click here.
Here are the highlights of the month:
Black History artifacts and memorabilia will be on display at the Broadcast Street Café, 464 Franklin Avenue, Aliquippa Pa 15001 throughout the month.
• Public display is open from 11 – 1 on February 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 23rd, and 25th
• Appointment only viewing for individuals or groups are available February 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 13th
• Meet the living Harriet Tubman (Valerie McElvy). She will be on hand on Thursday, February 12th from 9-2
• Have brunch with Abraham Lincoln (Rick Miller of Cranberry) Wednesday, February 18th from 11 – 1
• An evening reception and exhibit viewing will take place on Monday, February 23rd from 6-8 P.M.
• Have brunch with Aliquippa Mayor Dwan Walker on Thursday, February 26th from 11-1
• Enjoy breakfast with the Franklin Center staff on Friday, February 27th from 9-11
Every event is open to the public and “Free of Charge”.
As always, ‘Soup on the Avenue’ will be available on Wednesdays from 12-1.
EVERYONE is welcome!
If you have a group or class that would like to visit the exhibit, please call 724-378-7547 and make a reservation.